Friday, October 8, 2010

two things....

..have happened recently in my daily outings/dialouge with h and e.
the first a little embarrasing, the second a little scary.

scene 1
hutch and i had a donut date, so we headed to safeway together to pick some up.
as we entered the store, hutch yelled several times "SECURITY!"
he is most certainly a spawn of alex jehle.
i really thought the gals stacking at the display nearby would never stop laughing.

scene 2
the scary one. one of the deals at our house is using sweet words. it great to express your opinion and be assertive, but be kind in your choice of words.

and when i ask them to do something, i give a reason, and saying no is not an option.
so today, i asked elsa to put her shoes on to leave and she said,

"NO!"..her eyes widened, a brief pause, then the recovery "...my ABC's, next time won't you sing with me." she sang "i know my ABC's" once more, as if to drive home the point that she wasn't saying no, she was just picking up on the tail end of the alphabet.

we are in. for. it, ya'll.

4 comments:

guillotfamily said...

Oh my gosh I have tears in my eyes from laughing so hard. Kids are so darn cute sometimes!

outofthedark said...

so thankful you are posting...it's the only way we can keep up with you. miss you!

Little Lamb said...

hahahaha!! So funny, Stacy. I think that Hutch and Ryann would be the best of friends...for reals.

Unknown said...

she is a smart one!